Arrival and departure
Check-in time is 2pm
Check-out time is 10am
All accommodation tariffs to be paid in advance and are not refundable after check-in.
If you require a earlier check-in or late check-out please speak to our Customer Reservations Team.
Please keep your cabin or site clean and tidy and use the facilities provided for drying clothes and rubbish disposal. Everyone appreciates a well kept site, so please remember that we do not allow trenches to be dug in the park, under no circumstances.
Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult when visiting the showers, toilets, playground and jumping pillow.
New arrivals and guests must report at the office before entry to the park. Guests are responsible for their visitors behaviour. Visitors vehicles to be left outside the park. Please ensure all visitors have vacated the park by 10pm unless they have been allocated a booking with our Customer Reservations Team.
We permit a maximum of one vehicle per site / cabin. Vehicles must be parked on your site unless directed by the Customer Reservations Team.
In the interest of safety, the speed limit throughout the park is WALKING PACE only, not exceeding 10kph.
Designated paths and roads are to be used at all times when walking around the park
Bicycles, scooters and skateboards
We consider ourselves as a family friendly park where bicycles, scooters and skateboards are permitted. However, it is essential that safety equipment is worn at all times and not to be ridden after dusk or in communal areas. No trail, quad or mini bikes are permitted within the park.
Noise and behaviour
In the interest of all guests enjoying their stay, we ask that excessive noise is ceased by 10pm. Music and TV’s should not be audible to adjoining sites. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children do not disturb the peace and quiet of other park guests. The use of generators is not permitted in the park. Offensive behaviour or rowdy parties will not be tolerated and will result in the offenders being evicted from the park. Excessive use of alcohol is an unacceptable condition of your stay.
Misuse of the boom gates including tailgating, sharing your boom gate pin or allowing other vehicles other than your own, into the park will result in eviction from the park. No refund will apply.
Fires and open flames
Open fires are only permitted in a fire vessel at camping sites only, with a minimum clearance of 200mm off the ground. Definitely no fires on the ground. Strictly no fires in and around cabins. Fire restrictions may apply. No fires or open flames are permitted during Total Fire Ban days.
No smoking is permitted inside caravan park buildings and enclosed public areas. Please dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
Petrol / gas
Storage is strictly forbidden in the park.
Any person found to be damaging park property or that of other guests will be evicted from the park and will be held responsible for repair costs. Additional cleaning costs are applicable if cabins are not left in a clean and tidy state when you check-out.
Trees and landscaping
Removal or damage to trees, shrubbery or park grounds is strictly prohibited.
Cabins or sites
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee particular numbered accommodation during booking or on check-in.
Linen is provided.
We have many trees in our park that drop branches and debris. Staff are continually pruning to reduce the problem. Major contract pruning is also carried out twice yearly to further reduce the risk.
We cannot accept any responsibility what so ever for personal injury or damage to personal property from falling branches or debris.
Prices, rules and policies are subject to change without notice. Park Management reserves the right to evict any person who fails to obey the park rules. Eviction from the park will result in forfeiture of all monies paid.
All reservations require a bond (deposit) to be paid at the time of the reservation. Without a bond, we are unable to make you a reservation. The minimum bond payable is equal to one night’s tariff.
Any changes to reservations, or cancellations will incur an administration fee*.
All cancellations must be made directly with the park in writing.
Upon cancellation, monies paid (minus any cancellation fees) can be credited to a client account for future stays. Any money transferred for future stays at the Parks will only be valid for 12 months from the original reservation date.
No credit or refund will be available for early departures or cancellations once arrived.
Off Peak Periods
Cancellations received more than 14 days before the reservation date, will receive a refund of monies paid minus a cancellation fee.
Cancellations made within 14 days of the reservation surrender the bond (one night’s tariff). Any remaining monies can be refunded or applied to client account.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the reservation, surrender all monies paid.
Peak and Shoulder Periods
Full payment may be required by a designated date; this will be supplied upon booking (approx. 60 days for peak or 30 days for selected shoulder periods).
Cancellations made before the designated full payment date, will receive a refund of monies paid minus a cancellation fee.
Cancellations made after the designated full payment date surrender all monies paid. If the site booked can be resold, monies paid (minus a cancellation fee) will be refunded.
3rd Party Bookings
- Cancellation policies for 3rd party bookings may vary due to the specific website. Please check the specific cancellation policy included in the terms and conditions of the booking website.
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please speak to our Customer Reservations Team.
PHTP Pet Friendly Policy
Port Hughes Tourist Park is a ‘Pet Friendly’ caravan park and allows dogs most of the year, excluding Christmas/New Years peak period (December 23 to January 6) and the Easter Long Weekend. We offer multiple accommodation options available to book so you can bring your favourite pet with you for your next stay.
To ensure that you enjoy your stay with all of our other guests, we must ensure that all dog owners take full responsibility for their pet and ensure they do not disturb other guests when on the property.
Please read the information below to ensure you and your dog can meet the following conditions:
- All dogs must be approved at the discretion of management prior to being brought to the park, please contact the park in advance of arrival.
- Dogs are permitted on all unpowered, powered and ensuite camping sites at the park, and in our designated pet friendly cabins.
- Please enquire with the Park prior to making your booking to ensure our Pet Friendly cabins are available.
- Bookings in our Pet Friendly cabins will incur a $20 (min) cleaning surcharge.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times and never left unattended, including inside tents, vans, designated pet friendly cabins or any other accommodation.
- When in the park, dogs must be kept on a leash and under your control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in cabins (excl. designated pet friendly cabins) or in any communal areas (e.g. camp kitchen, amenities block, etc.).
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after your pet which includes toilet duties too!
- For health and safety reasons, dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere within the park. Additionally, any dog related accessories such as dog blankets should not be washed or cleaned within the park e.g. Laundry washing machines, bathing dogs, etc.
- All dog owners, whether you have expressly agreed or not, assume all liability regarding your dog being on our premises and indemnify us against all and any damages, all or any claims or other suits that may arise as a result of your dog being anywhere in our caravan park.
- Park Management reserves the right to evict and withhold any refunds from guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, and aggressive, or is the subject of a complaint/s from other guests.